Terms and Conditions
London Vegan Comedy Festival September 30th October 1st 2023
1. These Terms and Conditions form the basis of the agreement between the Organisers (VegfestUK Ltd) and the Exhibitor. Separate Terms and Conditions apply to contractors, speakers, performers, visitors and ticket holders. All exhibitors are subject to Visitor’s Terms and Conditions as part of the agreement. https://www.vegfest.co.uk/terms-conditions-visitors/
2. All items on sale, display or available at the event must be vegan. If your company/organisation makes or sells non-vegan items, please do not display or sell them at the event. Particular attention should be paid to ingredients such as beeswax, bee pollen or honey, also animal testing and non vegan trace ingredients. If you not sure about something, please contact the Organisers to clarify in writing before the event opens. The organisers reserve the right to ask exhibitors to remove any items that are not vegan from their stall and exhibitors must agree to this. The vegan principle underpins the whole event and must be respected and adhered to at all times.
3. Staff and colleagues working on your stalls agree not to consume animal products or wear non-vegan apparel at the event, and respect vegans and the vegan principles.
4. All promotional material on offer during the show should be vegan-friendly and child-friendly and should not promote any animal products, violence or depict cruelty to animals. Graphic imagery is expressly forbidden. Any clothing or other products that promote sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, xenophobia, body shaming, cultural appropriation, racist or oppressive messaging are not permitted, and the organisers reserve the right to ask any exhibitor to remove any item deemed as such.
5. All campaign groups that exhibit at VegfestUK must include vegan education as part of their outreach work. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse bookings from campaign groups with campaigns deemed to fuel xenophobia.
6. The venue operates a ‘no smoking’ policy on site. No gas, naked flames or chaffing fuels are permitted at this event.
7. Bookings are confirmed on receipt of the submitted online booking form, and a non refundable deposit of £100 + vat is due, alongside the balance due on stalls, marketing and extras booked for the event. On receipt of payment of deposit and balance, the Exhibitor’s stall position will then be confirmed (on a first come, first served basis). Exhibitors agree on submitting booking form online to pay the non refundable deposit and the balance in full within 15 days of receipt of submission of booking form. The £100 + vat deposit is payable on submitting the online booking form and is due even if the exhibitor then cancels their booking.
8. The balance is invoiced at time of booking and is due along with the deposit within 15 days from invoice. Payment for bookings made after April 1st are due by return. Full payment must be made for all bookings before the event in order to exhibit at the event.
9. Cancellations. Should the event be cancelled, or the exhibitor wish to cancel, the following will apply.
a. Deposits paid at time of booking are non refundable in the event of a cancellation by either the organisers or the exhibitors
b. If the event is cancelled or postponed by the organisers due to reasons beyond their control, 50% of the balance of payment already paid (but not the non refundable deposit) is refundable on request. Alternatively the booking is carried over in full to the rescheduled date at an extra cost of £50 + vat to the exhibitor.
c. If the exhibitor cancels before September 1st 2023, they can request a 50% refund from balance due (or paid), but not the non refundable deposit. Alternatively an exhibitor can request to carry over their booking to 2024 with a further payment of £50 + vat due at time of cancellation & rebooking
d. If the exhibitor cancels after September 1st 2023, they can request a 25% refund from balance due (or paid), but not the non refundable deposit. Alternatively an exhibitor can request to carry over their booking to 2024 with a further payment of £100 + vat due at time of cancellation & rebooking
e. If the exhibitor cancels on or after September 15th 2023, they cannot request a refund. Alternatively an exhibitor can request to carry over their booking to 2024 with a further payment of £150 + vat due at time of cancellation & rebooking.
f. Cancellations must be notified by email to the Organisers by the person responsible for booking the stall, and receipt acknowledged by the Organisers.
10. Catering or serving of food or drink to be consumed on the premises is allowed. Packaged food or drink for consumption off the premises is also permitted, as are free tasters and samples. Adequate handwashing facilities, insurance, allergy awareness and training, and the appropriate health and safety / food. hygiene certificates and standards will be required by all exhibitors who are handling food or drink samples and tasters. Please see the Paperwork page.
11. Set up is from 7am Saturday September 30th. No deliveries can be made before this time. All caterers are required to arrive by 8am on Saturday sept 30th for setup, with their electrical appliances to be tested on Saturday morning before the event opens to the public.
12. Exhibitors are responsible for any accidents or injuries to the public caused by their products, display stands or their use of the space allocated to them and must arrange their own Public Liability Insurance cover (up to £2M) and Employers Liability Insurance cover (if applicable), and have current Food Hygiene and Electrical safety certificates as applicable. Please refer to the link here for full set of paperwork required from exhibitors before the event. All electrical equipment used must be PAT tested and will be inspected before the event starts. All exhibitors must also have their insurance, electrical safety certificates and food hygiene certificates (if applicable) ready for inspection by the appropriate authorities if requested, and adhere to all current health and safety legislation whilst exhibiting at the event, especially in relation to food hygiene.
13. Exhibitors are responsible for their own goods at the event and no responsibility is accepted by the organisers for loss, damage or financial loss due to activities on or pertaining from the Exhibitor stall.
14. VegfestUK Ltd are not responsible for the services provided, or decisions made, by external contractors at the venue. VegfestUK Ltd are not liable in the event of cancellations or failure to provide any services supplied by external contractors.
15. VegfestUK Ltd are not liable for any decisions affecting the show made by the venue management
16. Any amends to your booking that involve re-invoicing may incur an admin fee of £25 + vat. Late Paperwork submissions may incur an extra fee of £50 + vat
17. Each exhibitor is entitled to 2 entry passes for their staff that can be used for the whole weekend.
18. Exhibitors are responsible for their behaviour at all times and must ensure that any members of staff or volunteers behave appropriately. Shouting, threatening or unruly behaviour, abusive language, violence, threats of legal action without legal grounds, or disrespect in any way to other exhibitors, visitors, security, medical staff, venue staff, event volunteers, organising team, or any other people within the building, will not be deemed acceptable in any circumstances and anyone who is found to be in breach of this may be subject to eviction from the premises at any time with no refunds. Such behaviour before during or after the event is a breach of contract and may result in cancellation of your stall in advance of the event, and the organisers accept no liability for any costs incurred by the exhibitors in the event of cancellation due to breach of contract.
19. Exhibitors agree to have their stalls ready by 10:30am on both Saturday and Sunday, and agree not to breakdown until after 6:00pm on Saturday and after 5:00pm on Sunday. Opening hours are 11:00am – 6:00pm on Saturday and 11:00am – 5:00pm on Sunday. Children under 16 are not permitted in the venue during setup or breakdown times in any circumstances. Please note: exhibitors are not permitted to setup once the venue is open to the public.
20. Deliveries and collections to and from the venue cannot be made in advance of Saturday September 30th 23, and are entirely at exhibitors’ risk. VegfestUK cannot be held responsible in any circumstances for failure of delivery or collection which may result in loss of trading or stock for the exhibitor. Exhibitors must take responsibility to ensure that all deliveries are made within the times outlined in the exhibitors manual, and likewise, any collections are made within the stated times. In the unfortunate event of your stock not being delivered in time, we cannot issue refunds in any form. Exhibitors are advised to check thoroughly that their deliveries are made in time with their courier services.
21 Exhibitors are requested to ensure that any deliveries and collections arrive with suitable equipment to unload stock and move to your stall or storage area. VegfestUK does not supply trolleys, forklift trucks, trolley-jacks, or other equipment to load, unload and move stock.
22. All exhibitors agree to remove their rubbish, leftover stock and other equipment (e.g. fridges, pallets etc) from the venue at the end of the event – failure to do so may incur an extra removals charge after the event.
23. Exhibitors are not permitted to display marketing material or any other material at the event beyond their designated exhibition space. Exhibitors agree not to walk around the event handing out flyers or marketing for their business and note that all activities in association with promotion of their business must take place only from their exhibition stall.
24. Any damage incurred to the fittings of the venue may incur an extra dilapidation charge after the event.
25. Charity Collections may only be made at stalls that are registered and hold the correct license for collecting in public. Collectors are not permitted to walk around the venue or outside the venue collecting for charities in any circumstances.
26. All complex structures brought into the venue must be agreed in writing in advance of the event with the Organisers, and must fire-proof and weighted down correctly. They must fit into the footprint of your pitch and not infringe on exhibitors nearby, and must be signed off by the qualified official before the event opens.
27. Unless agreed with the organisers in advance, exhibitors are not permitted to sell alcohol or offer alcohol samples to the public. The sale of alcohol, hot and cold beverages is subject to a concession fee and permission must be sought in writing in advance from the organisers and the relevant concession fee paid in order to sell such items.
28. All exhibitors are solely responsible for their stalls before, during and after the event, and the organisers cannot be held responsible for any damage or theft to their stalls, stock or any other property that is on their stalls. Exhibitors are advised not to leave valuables (money, electrical equipment etc) on their stalls overnight.
29. Exhibitors, visitors and speakers at VegfestUK may appear in promotional photos for the event without prior consultation.
30. Exhibitors’ contact emails will not be shared with any third parties except contractors and media partners who are working at the show.
31. We are unable to offer refunds to exhibitors or to visitors in the case of any non-appearances by people advertised to appear at the show.